Saturday, October 28, 2006

 

I need three credits to graduate, but I'm dropping out.

I hate that joke where people say, “I’m not the most humble person I know. I mean, I am so humble!” And you’re supposed to laugh because ha ha! they’re bragging about being humble— it’s so ironically hilarious!

Similarly, I hate when people say, “I’m going to stop procrastinating… tomorrow!” and look to you with their mouths slightly open, their eyebrows raised, and an expression of anticipation, so that you’ll know you’re supposed to validate their douche-bag existence with a laugh. Or when people complain about someone else being apathetic or indifferent, and then say, “I’d hate him, but I don’t I don’t really care enough.”

One time I thought I might be starting to have a crush on this dude, but we were having an otherwise nice evening out and he said the humble thing. I decided to look past it, to try and make things work. I hate myself for that, because a couple weeks later he did the same fucking, “I’m so humble” bull shit. Now we barely talk.

I’m probably going to fail my philosophy class because last week my professor said he was going to stop procrastinating (…) tomorrow (!) and now I can’t listen to a word that comes out of his mouth, because he’s obviously a fucking idiot who should be teaching Sunday School or get-rich-quick seminars, not a class at a major university.

Comments:
i left with only a few credits left. i won't judge you
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?