Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

i'd rather be a whore than a rapist, right?

many or you--readers and contributors of in on the killtaker--know me solely as a blogger. this worries me. mostly because i'm a subpar, esoteric (i got that word from a thesaurus) and hateful blogger; decidedly not interesting or inviting. i'd go so far as to say, based on comments and blogs directed at me, an a-hole.

this is all fine (and possibly good). i'm not losing sleep over it. (i don't sleep well but that's because i'm in the middle of a spiritual crisis and am scared to death of death.) but, given that this is a hate blog, i want all of you out there to hate the real-me not just the blogger-me.

but how do i convey the real-me (which may be a meaningless concept) in blog form?

then it hit me: campus ladies

campus ladies is like the best tv show ever! two middle-aged women go to college, live in the dorms, have a 18 year-old roommate, the funniest ra in the world and they're best friends with an iranian and a kid from tennessee. like all college students they experiment with drugs, pull all nighters, have one-night-stands, question their sexuality and go to cancun on spring break. obviously this is the best show ever (but wonder showzen still has a special place in my heart).

i love campus ladies so much and i want everyone with any sense of humor to love campus ladies. i want to be a missionary for campus ladies. but that's not what this post is about. (fight and i are working on a project that should fulfill our campus ladies missionary aspirations.) rather i like to think of my love of campus ladies as being my defining characteristic. i want campus ladies to be a description of me.

example:
someone who does know me: do you know brian?
someone who doesn't know me: no, what's he like?
someone who does know me: well, he loves campus ladies and you'll probably hate him.

that's me. or rather, that's how i wish to be perceived. i know there's a difference, but what am i to do especially when i don't believe in free will.

so all of you who hate me hate me for loving campus ladies. or for being a jerk.

Comments:
i know you in the non-blog sense, and i hate you pretty bad
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
i would hate you, but your love of the Joseph Smith Sphinx makes it practically impossible.

if it makes you feel better (or worse, whatever) i hate that i can't hate you.
 
Crap. Now I feel bad (but that could be because of my own spiritual crisis). I called you an a-hole numerous times. And a fu*kstick. And a bunch of other names too. I didn't mean to provoke an existential crisis.

I'm sure you're a delighful human being. And quite entertaining. And me calling you an a-hole, that's the highest form of compliment that I give.

So, chin up, douchebag. You're ok. See? I even logged in to comment.
 
i've been having my crisis and sleeping problems for years. you didn't provoke anything. and i doubt you could. for all i know, you may be a computer program and you can't hold computer programs responsible for their actions.
 
when i first read the title to this post I thought it said "i'd rather be a whore than a baptist, right?"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?